Update - we have moved all the Q&A to this separate post, and we will add answers to questions as we generate them (same info is available on Rockethub as well):
1. What happens if we don’t hit the target? Are funds given back to contributors? Rockethub does not refund contributors if the target is not met - Blip will still get the funds contributed. We will use the funds to pay for servers and coders, with the goal of keeping Blip alive and mostly bug free for as many months as possible. Under these circumstances we would likely not be able to fulfill the basic objectives mentioned on Rockethub; we would try to give users some advanced warning about the site shutting down, so we could all fire off a farewell blip (or 100). The servers and software development are outsourced resources not in-house.
2. Will we be adding any content or doing more artist sessions? Sadly not very likely, unless we raise 50 or 100 times what we are asking (of course we are not expecting that).
3. Why does Rockethub display contributor user names? This is not in our control as far as we are aware - sorry.
4. If you reach your goal what will you spend the money on? Servers and software development, including delivering on the badges which will require a small amount of graphic design work.
5. Will you send a massive email blast? Maybe (not a very helpful answer right?). We would like to but there are some hurdles.
6. Will any of the music that used to be on Blip reappear? Very unlikely, again unless we are at 50x or 100x our target, then all bets are off.
7. What account is the money going into? A business banking account (not any individual’s account); if the account bears any interest it would be tiny.