As promised, here are the details on how the funds will be spent:
1. Rockethub keeps 12% of the funds.
2. ALL of the remaining funds will be spent on Blip server costs (mostly in the form of a prepayment towards servers for at least 12 months - we are trying for longer).
3. Prepaying reduces the cost in two ways: we get a better rate and we are prepaying part of the bill. Blip’s modest revenues are sufficient to pay the (reduced) server bill.
4. These funds are not sufficient to achieve the other objectives outlined in the Rockethub campaign.
5. Although we anticipate being able to pay for operating costs through 2016, unforeseen circumstances could arise that cause the site to shut down temporarily or permanently.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed their hard earned money to help keep Blip alive. While we did not achieve our campaign goals, thanks to you Blip will live on and have time to dream up a better future.